mcrypt

Dennis Veatch dveatch at woh.rr.com
Tue Sep 30 08:11:05 GMT 2003

The author replied to my email about the size difference, as follows;

On Sat, Sep 20, 2003 at 08:30:52AM -0700, Dennis wrote:

> This site  http://mcyrpt.hellu.gr lead me to sourceforge. The file size
> of mcrypt-2.6.4.tar.gz on sourceforge is 1730560. I also found the
> same file here -
> http://public.planetmirror.com/search/results_basic.php
> and its file size is 374.9.
> Which one of these is correct and why such large difference?
> Basically I'm not sure which should be used.
The sourceforge site has the mcrypt tarball uncompressed, that's
why it is large. Maybe the new maintainter will correct this.

--
Nikos Mavroyanopoulos

So there is really no difference between them.

--
Registered Linux user 193414
http://counter.li.org

"Trying"? My contribution was much closer to a "feeble wave in the general
direction of something that might lead you one step closer to a solution
if you squint really hard and do all of the work."