kudzu

Dennis Veatch dveatch at woh.rr.com
Sun Sep 28 18:44:52 GMT 2003

On Sunday 28 September 2003 06:25 pm, Chuck Mead wrote:

> Dennis Veatch wrote:
> | Doesn't create /usr/bin/kudzu. Also in the last stage of building it was
> | looking for the command Python2 in /usr/bin. Python2.3 was so made a
>
> simlink.
>
> | Oh and it can't find /etc/init.d/function, /etc/sysconfig/kudzu and a
>
> command
>
> | called action on bootup. That would be /etc/rc3.d/S05kudzu running on
>
> boot.
>
> Wow... I had completely forgotten about this being in the moonbase.
> Unless someone wants to try and get it working we should prolly remove it.

Well it wouldn't be a bad thing to have in there but I don't know how many
Lunar users would actually use it.

The only reason I tried installing it is the problem I've been having with my
sound card (cs4236) causing a kernel oops. Thinking it would give me a better
idea of what the heck is going on with that.

Googling around others have had the same problem but it was supposed to have
been fixed by now. Strange this has cropped up recently with in the past 2 or
3 days maybe 4 days. I wonder if it has anything to do with the patch that
was done by Niki (I think it was) but I don't see how.

--
Registered Linux user 193414
http://counter.li.org

"Trying"? My contribution was much closer to a "feeble wave in the general
direction of something that might lead you one step closer to a solution
if you squint really hard and do all of the work."