mozilla firebird+libintl.la question

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Sat Sep 27 12:36:05 GMT 2003

On Sat, 2003-09-27 at 11:50, Horn Gábor wrote:
> My other question is if anybody could solve the libintl.la problem. None
> of the gtk1 apps compile me because they miss it. Eg i tried Eterm which
> fails, and gdkpixbuff also. (i need a multi-terminal solution, and
> multi-gnome terminal is gtk1 too so deosn't compile :(

usually this happens when some lib/app is still linked or compiled
against an old gettext/glibc. Try recompiling everything that shows up
as a dependency of gtk+ by doing the following:

lsh[enter]
sort_by_dependency $(find_depends gdk-pixbuf)[enter]

the list you receive from this command can be attached to a 'lin'
command, perhaps you want to remove a few modules from that list like
xfree86...

this will make sure everything is linked against the proper new symbols,
also you can try using ldd in /usr/lib and /usr/bin, finding out which
apps are still linked against old gettext libs, but this is generally
harder.

sofar

--
Auke Kok <sofar at lunar-linux.org>