sysvinit problem

Richard B. Pyne rpyne at kinfolk.org
Sun Sep 21 14:37:58 GMT 2003

I'm going to try this again.....

In trying to resolve a problem, I am trying to "lin -r -c
sysvinit".

Everything works fine until it gets to the install and then
barfs
with

make: Entering directory `/usr/src/sysvinit-2.85/src'
install -o root -g root -m 755 halt init killall5 sulogin \
                runlevel shutdown /sbin
install: cannot remove `/sbin/init': Operation not permitted
make: *** [install] Error 1 make: Leaving directory
`/usr/src/sysvinit-2.85/src'

I was able to manually install eveything except init.

How is one supposed to update init if the system won't allow
writing the file?

Also, I noticed that when I did the lin sysvinit that it was a
newer version and that lunar update had not updated it.

--Richard

--
Richard B. Pyne
rpyne at kinfolk.org