mcrypt seems to have moved as well and is at 2.6.4

Dennis Veatch dveatch at woh.rr.com
Sun Sep 21 14:45:16 GMT 2003

On Sunday 21 September 2003 02:34 pm, Auke Kok wrote:

> > Ok I'm dumb as a rock. If I change DETAILS to planetmirror, mcrypt md5sum
> > for it fails and lin blows up.
> >
> > If I use the 1.7MB file it lins fine.
> >
> > So ya, I'm stupid.
>
> ~ # file /var/spool/lunar/mcrypt-2.6.4.tar.gz
> /var/spool/lunar/mcrypt-2.6.4.tar.gz: tar archive
>
> it should have said GZIP compressed data!
>
> sofar

Well that's the problem. If I used the "correct" file (383865), lin mcrypt
fails md5sum. So I cannot do a file  /var/spool/lunar/mcrypt-2.6.4.tar.gz
because it does not exist. Doing it manually with wget (the 383865 file), yes
it does say gzip compressed data.

If I use the 1.7MB file, md5sum does not fail and lin is successful.

So explain to me how I can successfully lin the "correct file" and avoid the
md5sum failure.

--
Registered Linux user 193414
http://counter.li.org

"Trying"? My contribution was much closer to a "feeble wave in the general
direction of something that might lead you one step closer to a solution
if you squint really hard and do all of the work."