rcs not linning :(

Hendrik Visage hvisage at envisage.co.za
Thu Sep 18 23:40:52 GMT 2003

On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 10:59:13AM -0500, Terry Chan wrote:
> The problem with rcs is it wants to be configured and compiled as non-root,
> and lunar is not setup to enable that at all.

It *used* to work perfectly well, I wrote the SGL build script.

> Unless someone else has a better idea on how to fix this problem, then
> you'll just have to either install rcs as a regular user by hand or use
> cvs or subversion.

It's the next best thing since sliced white bread for revision control for a
single programmer project, so why waste time trying to configure cvs :)

Any case The *real* problem is that bin's shell got changed, so please
have somebody change bin to operator in the BUILD script, and then it work
again.