xfree86 program build issue

Dennis Veatch dveatch at woh.rr.com
Wed Sep 17 16:10:22 GMT 2003

On Wednesday 17 September 2003 03:48 pm, Auke Kok wrote:

> > I'm trying to build xfree86. Evertythings seemed to work fine
> > but.......
> >
> > Programs like xdm, xfs, xinit, have been build, but are not installed
> > in the /usr/X11/bin directory.
>
> sometimes the compile finishes with ok status, but it failed to build
> xc/programs, which contain all the needed goodies (like X itself). Often
> you can fix this by making sure you don't enable unneeded DRI drivers or
> other unnecesary features, at least that was my experience.

I'm a bit confused how we are supposed to know that after the fact. Is there a
list of incompatibilities or the like some where?

--
Registered Linux user 193414
http://counter.li.org

"Trying"? My contribution was much closer to a "feeble wave in the general
direction of something that might lead you one step closer to a solution
if you squint really hard and do all of the work."