New Gnome 2.4 modules.

elaine at lunar-linux.org elaine at lunar-linux.org
Tue Sep 16 16:16:51 GMT 2003

I've just committed modules for a versioned gnome/2.4. This is only available
to systems running the 'theedge' version of the coretools, which (from about
9/14/03) has support for versioned modules.

This module's dependencies have been adapted to all /2.4 versions.

While this will preserve *most* of gnome 2.2, as a backup measure if you
have important work that depends on your 2.2 config I recommend making
a copy of the old version to restore if needed.

e.g. cp -a /opt/lunar/gnome/2 /opt/lunar/gnome/2.bak  (assuming you have
the disk space).

I've tested this as extensively as I had time and resources to do, and
get a clean build of 2.4 starting from a stock 2.2 system.

Install with:

lin linc/1.1.1           #I'm not certain this is necessary

lin gnome/2.4.0

It's possible that libglade2 is still causing problems with docbook. If
the build fails after libglade, run:

lin docbook-profile
lin gnome/2.4.0

and the build should pickup where it left off.

elaine