Read-only file system (it happened again)

Dennis Veatch dveatch at woh.rr.com
Fri Sep 12 20:30:31 GMT 2003

On Friday 12 September 2003 08:22 pm, Chuck Mead wrote:
> You using jfs again? I use ext3 and this does not happen to me.

Yes I am. Was not aware jfs+rebuild would cause that sort of problem. I did
find away around it. Well sort of, not sure what I did to fix it but it is
working fine now.

Figured I try Knoppix and see if there was anything I could fine. Well it
mounted them just fine so I poked around, ran jfs file system check and it
replayed the log without errors. So poked around some more, looked in fstab,
did some googling, still couldn't find anything. So rebooted without knoppix
and everything is working.

Very confused.

--
Registered Linux user 193414
http://counter.li.org

"Trying"? My contribution was much closer to a "feeble wave in the general
direction of something that might lead you one step closer to a solution
if you squint really hard and do all of the work."