chkconfig

Dennis Veatch dveatch at woh.rr.com
Fri Oct 31 08:46:11 GMT 2003

Yea, RoadRunner finally pulled their head out and now I can send to this mail
list. Anyway, chkconfig fails build. Can't write to /etc/rc*.d. I don't
remember this being an issue the last time.

cc -g  alternatives.o   -o alternatives
ln: `/etc//rc0.d': cannot overwrite directory
ln: `/etc//rc1.d': cannot overwrite directory
ln: `/etc//rc2.d': cannot overwrite directory
ln: `/etc//rc3.d': cannot overwrite directory
ln: `/etc//rc4.d': cannot overwrite directory
ln: `/etc//rc5.d': cannot overwrite directory
ln: `/etc//rc6.d': cannot overwrite directory
Creating /var/log/lunar/compile/chkconfig-1.3.8.bz2
! Problem detected during BUILD

--
Registered Linux user 193414
http://counter.li.org

"Trying"? My contribution was much closer to a "feeble wave in the general
direction of something that might lead you one step closer to a solution
if you squint really hard and do all of the work."