libgnome

Carl R. Powers powers at trac.wsmr.army.mil
Mon Oct 20 15:31:43 GMT 2003

Jeff Hill wrote:

>Hi.
>If somebody could help me with the following,I would be most grateful.
>I have installed the base Lunar system (including XFree86) using the installation
>manual as a guide.I have been trying to install gnome as my window manager
>but it fails at the libgnome install stage with the following message:
>    Building libgnome
>    make:*** No rule to make target "clean". Stop
>    Creating /var/log/lunar/compile/libgnome-2.4.0.bz2
>    ! Problem detected during PRE-BUILD
>
>                            Many Thanks,
>                                Jeff

Try relinning the module using "lin -cr" at least 2 or three times just
to be sure it's not a random error.  I've experienced a similar failure,
'no rule to make target "install"',  at least 100 times over the past 6
months and relinning always took care of the problem.  Fortunately,
with the change to lunar 1.3.2 and gnome 2.4, my problem has almost
disappeared.

Carl
<powers at trac.wsmr.army.mil>