moonbase / module and code testing / qa

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at lunar-linux.org
Fri Oct 3 08:44:35 GMT 2003

How about versioning moonbase (Jason brought this up for lunar2 I
believe).

We can have time-based stable moonbase releases, say every month, or 2
or 3 ... and we have moonbase-current that is updated regularly, like it
is now.

Security updates go in both moonbases.

We should have enough discipline to not put in big updates to -stable
without testing them in -current first.

When it's time for a -stable release, -current becomes -stable. Here we
can look at the list of important modules you gave and check for each of
them if they are ready to go into stable.

Would this work? In principle, it should not be much more work than one
moonbase, since -stable is not touched, except for security updates that
have to go into -current as well.

What do you think?

	Jasper