Kernel 2.4.22 locking up on boot......

Niki Guldbrand niki at lunar-linux.org
Wed Nov 19 20:09:55 GMT 2003

Hi Ralph.

Weired, i haven't heard of or seen any such issue befor, and searching
through my Linux Kernel Mail List didn't give any results either...

Do you get any OOPS from the kernel, or any other error messages ?

Are you using APM by any chance ? I saw a report about hangs at the
Floppy driver, which was due to APM...
And the reporter said that adding "apm=idle_threshold=100" to the
kernel's append line helped with the issue, well all this is just a
shoot in the dark atm...

Niki