lunar rebuild hangs after nfs-utils

Remigius Stalder remigius.stalder at descom-consulting.ch
Sun May 4 12:17:17 GMT 2003

Hi,

Following the instructions in the after-boot manual I finally did a lunar
rebuild after getting my network interface to run and having done my lin
perl, lin moonbase and lin lunar. After some minor problems (user
interaction required for ADSL configuration and to create SSL certificates,
which I did not expect), the rebuild now seems to hang, the last line saying

starting NFS file locking services, rpc.statd

A ps revealed that the compile process still seems to be running, the tee
which pipes the ourput of the nfs-utils compile into the log is still
running.

Questions:

- How can I get the rebuild to continue, or do I have to restart?
- Which modules need interactive configuration?
- Is this usually a one time action or does this have to be repeated each
time?

Best regards,

Remigius Stalder
Descom Consulting Ltd.