Kdemultimedia3 fail to compile

Florin Braescu braescu_f at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 25 07:22:11 GMT 2003

--- Sébastien Cérèze <scereze at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just made a fresh install of kde3
> So far, only the kdemultimedia module can not be
> installed.
> I tried different options but no sucess but still
> fail here:
>
> tracksconfigimp.cpp:390: warning: unused variable
> `QListViewItem*newItem'
> make[3]: *** [kaudiocreator.all_cpp.o] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory
> `/usr/src/kdemultimedia-3.1.1/kaudiocreator'
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/usr/src/kdemultimedia-3.1.1/kaudiocreator'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory
> `/usr/src/kdemultimedia-3.1.1'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
> Creating
> /var/log/lunar/compile/kdemultimedia3-3.1.1.bz2
> ! Problem detected during "BUILD" !
>

> I also join the compile log as attachment.

Hi Seb,

This is a known problem for kdemultimedia3. It is
generated by an incompatibility with lunar-linux
aggressive and grsec patches. The patches may be OK,
but i think kdemultimedia miss to import some header
files from the kernel. There is a possibility to
circumvent this by manually removing 01_swab64.patch
in those patch archives and recompile the kernel, and
after the kdemultimedia3. The KDE team may solve this
in a future version (if the mentioned patch will be
included in the mainstream kernel :(.

Regards,
  Florin