MPlayer fails to compile

Auke Kok auke.kok at planet.nl
Mon Mar 17 23:54:36 GMT 2003

On Mon, 2003-03-17 at 21:29, Ray Maung wrote:
> After uninstalling alsa I had to recompile some
> programs, including Esound, Gaim and Xmms.  MPlayer,
> however, failed to compile.  Attached is the
> compressed compile log - I believe it's a coding
> error, but that doesn't really make sense since I was
> able to compile the same version before with the same
> optimizations.

Hi Ray,

it's not your optimizations, here's the offending step in the compile:

gcc -c -O4 -march=pentium4 -mcpu=pentium4 -pipe -ffast-math
-fomit-frame-pointer -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I../loader  -I/usr/include/gtk-1.2
-I/usr/include/glib-1.2 -I/usr/lib/glib/include -I/usr/X11R6/include
-I/liveMedia/include -I/UsageEnvironment/include
-I/BasicUsageEnvironment/include -I/groupsock/include -o demux_rtp.o
demux_rtp.cpp
In file included from demux_rtp.cpp:8:

as you can see there are impossible includes in that compile line,
possibly due to conflicting libs/-config scripts or otherwise bad
coding.

Possibly this is MPlayers fault, but I don't know what could generate
such include lines at all. Maybe one of the other devs knows?

sofar

--
Auke Kok <auke.kok at planet.nl>