Macromedia Flash Player......

Auke Kok auke.kok at planet.nl
Wed Mar 5 23:36:20 GMT 2003

On Wed, 2003-03-05 at 23:11, rcrongeyer at rpicc.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> After I lin flash-plugin (it installs fine. ie. no errors) and then start
> mozilla the plugin does not show up in the "About Plugins". I installed
> the plugin via netscape plugins first and I did get an error saying that I
> needed to have some fonts installed that I could not find in the moonbase.
> Any ideas??

flashplayer is kinda goofy cos it's a binary linked against an odd
libstdc++ library. if you start mozilla up from a terminal you'll see an
error message which libstdc++ lib it is missing. If you create a symlink
to the libstc++ you get with lunar it is happy enough:

ln -s libstdc++.so /usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3

this is what I had to do to get flash working!

sofar

--
Auke Kok <auke.kok at planet.nl>