Wine configuration help....

Auke Kok auke.kok at planet.nl
Wed Jun 18 20:51:34 GMT 2003

On Wed, 2003-06-18 at 16:27, Ralph Crongeyer wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Hey guys I installed wine and I still can't get anything to install right.

This is where you grunt, buy WineX which has the proper installer DLL's
ported, and sigh that they patented their install-shield crap.

> I can run win98 installre from the cdrom and get the win98 install screen to
> come up (with sound) but that's it.

heh, installing windows under Wine is not what you want ;^)

>  I mean it just locks up after that?
> Also part of the debuger output is:

> 0x407484a1 (.L862+0x36 [int21.c] in winedos.dll.so): movl
> 0x63(%eax),%edx
> Unable to open file int21.c
>
> I can get Office 2000 to start up but there is no text in the install windows?

My best try was excel, word running, but that's about it. Perhaps Wine
is not good enough for you, being unstable and all.

If you're having specific Wine problems I suggest you subscribe to a
wine-mailinglist. There thousands of wine users exchange experience,
whereas the Lunar ML is read by only a few wine users...

good luck,

sofar

--
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy,
the best golfer is a black guy, The Swiss hold the America's Cup, France