apache2 problem

Auke Kok auke.kok at planet.nl
Wed Jun 18 20:46:12 GMT 2003

On Wed, 2003-06-18 at 17:37, Horn Gábor wrote:
> Hi!
>
> After succesfully lining apache2+php, i  got the following message when
> try to start apache. I attack the config file too (it's the default, i
> haven't changed it)
>
> root at Lunar ~ # /etc/init.d/httpd start
> Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 205 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
> Cannot load /usr/libexec/mod_mmap_static.so into server:
> /usr/libexec/mod_mmap_static.so: cannot open shared object file: No such
> file or directory

Wuss912's comment is pretty correct, you explicitly load all those
modules while they may not exist anymore or are builtin by default
nowadays.

As a side note, your config looks like a apache-1 config. May I advice
you to re-write your config by starting with the default apache2 config
(apache2 has all those modules compiled in by default), and adding the
features you need from there on manually?

apache1 configs are NOT compatible with apache2!

good luck!

sofar

--
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy,
the best golfer is a black guy, The Swiss hold the America's Cup, France