qtella

Ralph Crongeyer rcrongeyer at rpicc.com
Mon Jun 9 14:16:45 GMT 2003

On Monday 09 June 2003 01:43 pm, Ralph Crongeyer wrote:
> On Monday 09 June 2003 01:16 pm, Chuck Mead wrote:
> > Ralph Crongeyer wrote:
> > >Hi all,
> > >
> > >I just lin'ed qtella and it installed fine but I don't know how to start
> > > it?? There is no menu item for it and typing "qtella" at the command
> > > line dosen't work either?
> > >
> > >Ralph

> > lvu install qtella|grep bin
>
> The command "lvu install qtella|grep bin" has no output! Looks like it
> didn't install corectly? Should I re install it?
>
> Ralph

Chuck sorry I'm dumb the result is:

/opt/lunar/kde/3/bin/qtella

And the command launches it.

I thought I had "/opt/lunar/kde/3/bin" in my PATH?

Here is what my .bash_profile file looks like.

# .bash_profile - the per-user bash interactive shell customization file
# you can use this file to customize your bash's behaviour

# note we DO NOT source /etc/profile here, since it has already been
# executed when this file is processed.

# The user is encouraged to enter these values, so we
# put em on top of this file so they are easy to spot:

 DEFAULTKDE=/opt/lunar/kde/3/bin
# EDITOR=
# LANG=

# if the user didn't set them we might as well give defined system defaults:
LANG=${LANG:-en_US}
[ -z $EDITOR ] && {
    # an editor has not been set, go find a decent one, the last one
    # found in the row is picked and set.
    [ -x /usr/bin/pico  ] && EDITOR="pico"
    [ -x /usr/bin/nano  ] && EDITOR="nano"
    [ -x /usr/bin/elvis ] && EDITOR="elvis"
    [ -x /usr/bin/vi    ] && EDITOR="vi"
    [ -x /usr/bin/vim   ] && EDITOR="vim"
    [ -x /usr/bin/emacs ] && EDITOR="emacs"
    }

# miscellaenous initialization:
umask	022

# Now we can set package specific paths and variables:
for RC in /etc/profile.d/*.rc ; do
    # note we can set the permissions for root-specific scripts:
    [ -r $RC ] && . $RC
done

# '.' comes last and only for non-root users
[ "$UID" -ge 1000 ] && PATH="$PATH:$DEFAULTKDE."

# finished
export EDITOR PATH LANG