openssl update

Richard B. Pyne rpyne at kinfolk.org
Sun Jun 8 21:14:30 GMT 2003

If it is like the problem I'm experiencing, the updates for curl, lynx,
openssl and lunar succeeded, but the updates for openssh, wget and php
failed. This leaves wget unable to find the new openssl libraries because it
was compiled against the old one.

ln -s /usr/lib/lib/libssl.so.0.9.6 /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.6
ln -s /usr/lib/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.6 /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.6

lets wget function again.

--Richard

On 8 Jun 2003 at 17:02, Auke Kok wrote:

> On Sun, 2003-06-08 at 16:47, Nick Hudson wrote:
> > ok I just thought I would let you know that I couldnt get wget to find
> > openssl.
> >
> > checking for RSA_new in -lcrypto... no
> > checking for SSL_new in -lssl... no
> > ERROR: Failed to find OpenSSL libraries.
> > make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
> > Creating /var/log/lunar/compile/wget-1.8.2.bz2
> > ! Problem detected during "BUILD" !
> > root at nhudson ~ #
> >
> > Im working to find out more but so far this is what I get.
>
> looks like either wget doesn't find libssl/libcrypto, or your openssl
> compile broke!
>
> anyways it's certainly not wget's problem
>
> sofar
>
> --
> Auke Kok <auke.kok at planet.nl>

Richard B. Pyne, NZ7K