recursive lin

Yoav Avitzour avitzour at Princeton.EDU
Tue Jul 29 23:57:18 GMT 2003

Hi all,

Attached is a script I wrote called rlin, which recursively lin's a
module with all of it's dependencies. The code is very similar to the
lvu tree function (most of the code is copied from there), except that
instead of displaying the dependencies it lin's them (with the furthest
dependency in the tree getting linned first), and it keeps track of
linned modules in order not to lin the same module more than once.

Although the linned list may become quite large, it's definitely MUCH
smaller than a complete rebuild, and assuming the listing of all the
dependencies is sufficient, this should guaranty that a module will work
properly.

Hope this is helpful. This is my first bash programming, so it's
probably far from perfect. I'll be happy to hear any comments.

# script: rlin
# usage : rlin <module> - recursively lin the module
#         rlin <module> <bla> - if a second argument exists, rlin
#                               will only generate the list of files
#                               to be linned (in the correct order)
#                               without actually linning them

Yoav