giFT-* modules

Moritz Heiber moe at lunar-linux.org
Sat Jul 5 00:36:40 GMT 2003

Hello,

I just added several giFT modules to the moonbase:

gift-cvs:

giFT is a modular daemon capable of abstracting the communication
between the end user and specific filesharing protocols (peer-to-peer or
otherwise). The giFT project differs from many other similar projects in
that it is a distribution of a standalone (platform-independent) daemon,
a library for client/frontend development, and our own homegrown network
OpenFT.

giftfast-cvs:

giFT-FastTrack is a plugin for giFT which enables users of giFT to
participate in the FastTrack network. The required cryptographic
algorithms have been successfully reverse engineered and
searching/downloading already work.

giftcurs-cvs:

giFTcurs is a ncurses frontend to the giFT daemon.

gift-cvs and giftfast-cvs have to be setup properly in order to run in
an appropriate way so please read the messages right after the
installation.

Since these modules are my first more complex modules I don't consider
them to be bugfree at all so please report any problems to the
mailinglist  or meet me at #lunar as soon as they occur.

For further info on giFT and the whole project behind it visit
http://www.giftproject.org.

Have fun with giFT ;-)

Moritz