Optimizations

WizFactor wizfactor at wizfactor.net
Thu Jan 30 14:19:20 GMT 2003

On Thu, Jan 30, 2003 at 10:58:37AM -0800, Todd A. Jacobs wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Shern, Benjamin J wrote:
>
> > I would try the gcc2 -march type of i686 and then go back thru
> > and test what works with "-march=pentium -sse2 -mfpmath=sse"....
>
> What's sse2? I've misplaced my motherboard manual, so I don't know what
> chipsets it's got.

You can always find out what cpu flags you support by running "cat
/proc/cpuinfo" and looking at the "flags:" line

Here's mine as an example:
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow

So I'd set the mmx and 3dnow flags but not sse or sse2.