System hosed AGAIN

Kenny Mann Kennymann at cdrobot.com
Thu Jan 30 09:12:56 GMT 2003

PLATFORM=x86
 BUILD=i686-pc-linux-gnu
 MAKES=
 COPT=-pipe
 CCOPT=-pipe
 BOPT=Fastest
 CPU=AthlonXP
 SPD=(Speedy Siblings Align)  #Rebuliding with Risky now
 XTRA=()
 FPM=None
 LDF=(Strip)
 ADDON=()

Ssytem I: [Our soon-to-be data server]
  AMD Athlon XP 1700+
  PC2100 DDR 256MB
  Wester Digital Hard Drive 40GB 7200RPM
  Shuttle AK32 Motherboard
  3com NIC
  ATI Radeon 7500 (or something close to that)

System II: [Our soon-to-be BDC]
  P2-MMX 233 (I've been told to avoid the MMX optimization.... I haven't
used it yet)
  128MB memory (I don't know the speed off the top of my head)
  3GB hard drive (probably 5400rpm)
  48x cdrom (orignally had 8x.. That sucked!)
Rebuliding with same opts as above but with Risky. Before it had no
opts, I'll report if anything happens funny.

I even gotten Risky to work, I'm rebuliding now. (on XP system & other
system)

Programs installed for XP Machine:
  Samba (the non XP machine will have this and will be our BDC)
  nano
  man-pages (and all docs)
  xfree86 (got his working without siblings and align but with
speedy&risky.. Same with all X programs)
  Eterm
  nedit
  sendmail
  apache2
  php
  mysql

I'm unsure as to what could be called safe. Although I've never heard of
a program crashing (not during compile but during run-time) because of
an optimization I wouldn't believe it's not possible.
If what you consider safe is getting it to compile, then these are
"safe".

I run the same thing at my house on my laptop (Sony Vaio PCG-FX210)
And I have almost the same PC as the XP system on my desktop. All going
successful.
A few bugs occasioanlly, but they have been smashed.