System hosed AGAIN

Todd A. Jacobs nospam at codegnome.org
Wed Jan 29 19:20:52 GMT 2003

On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, Chuck Mead wrote:

> What compiler options did you select? The system allows a broad range of
> options but the best thing to do is be very, very conservative in what
> you choose.

I used "-02 -march=pentium4 --strip" and compiled the kernel with
CONFIG_X86_GCC31_OP=y and CONFIG_MPENTIUM4=y.

Once I do the install, I do:

	- lin perl
	- lin screen
	- lunar update

and then select gnome2, kde3, xfree86, and a few other utilities and
applications from the lunar menu, and let it rip.

After the first fiasco, I tried a complete reinstall, and inserted "lin
binutils gcc glibc" before doing the lunar update. Catastrophe ensued
again, although the corruption seemed to take a different tack.

Let me know how it works for you, Chuck.

--
"Of course I'm in shape! Round's a shape, isn't it?"