System hosed AGAIN

Todd A. Jacobs nospam at codegnome.org
Wed Jan 29 17:41:27 GMT 2003

On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, Shern, Benjamin J wrote:

> I've had success with 1.2.  I have encountered some packages that
> require some tweaking.  I would wager that the problems you are seeing
> relate to too many compiler optimizations while building the kernel.

Which packages, in particular? What have you installed? In what order did
you install system packages and package groups?

And I cannot imagine that "-02 -march=pentium4 --strip" can be considered
too many optimizations. If true, it would sort of defeat the purpose of a
source distro: everything compiled with "-O0 -march=i386" would just plain
suck.

--
"Of course I'm in shape! Round's a shape, isn't it?"