module writing questions

George Mochrie geo at drasil.no-ip.org
Thu Jan 16 05:29:26 GMT 2003

hi

I'm wanting to write a module for TOra ( http://www.globecom.se/tora ) for use
with postgresql and I could do with some advice. I wrote spells for SGL/SMGL
so I'm more or less familiar with the procedure but....

TOra interfaces with postgresql via a QT SQL plugin, in order to compile QT
with postgresql support the postgresql source tree needs to be present and
./configure needs to be run within it. Is there an accepted procedure for
doing this?

While I'm at it I may as well write a unixODBC module to provide QT with an
ODBC plugin. There is an optional-circular-dependency issue here as QT
optionally depends on unixODBC to provide the plugin and unixODBC optionally
depends on QT for the QT front end. I wrote one for SMGL but just ignored the
QT issue and left configure to figure it out, an ugly way of dealing with the
problem and one I am not proud of. Any ideas on how I can deal with this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
--
George Mochrie