base architecture for 1.1.2 install ISO?

Auke Kok auke.kok at planet.nl
Wed Jan 15 19:30:54 GMT 2003

On Wed, 2003-01-15 at 01:05, George Mochrie wrote:
> I've worked my way round to installing lunar on my older machines and when
> installing on a P200S tar gives me an 'illegal instruction' error. Is this by
> design? Busybox and bunzip2 seem to work ok, so I should be able to complete
> the initial installation. What is the minimum spec for installing from the
> ISO?

just a few notes:

all sorts of problems I had recently:

- ISO wouldn't boot on a P120+ (cyrix)
- ISO wouldn't boot on a P200MMX (intel)
- misc kernel panics and illegal instructions

seems like anything under PIII might NOT be as straightforward as you
think. In the end the gemini boot discs are quite usefull...

sofar

--
Auke Kok <auke.kok at planet.nl>