Gnome2 install

Wuss912 Wuss912 at cox.net
Sun Feb 23 13:47:32 GMT 2003

It's a bug in the iso
Heres a copy of a previous post with the solution

The problem you are having with loading your shared libraries is a bug
in the Lunar 1.2 ISO.  The solution is:

lin binutils glibc

That will correct the defective /sbin/ldconfig you have on your system.
Please check the size of /etc/ld.so.conf -- it should be around
50Kbytes, not 64 bytes.  This problem has already been corrected for the
next Lunar ISO, which is awaiting release.

After the two compiles above are finished, your /etc/ld.so.conf will
have been rebuilt by running ldconfig for you automatically and the size
of that file should go up accordingly.

No need to rebuild Xfree86, its just a library configuration problem.