New versions for some packages

Florin Braescu braescu_f at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 22 04:07:46 GMT 2003

Hi all,

I'm back from a trip in the /games section of the
moonbase :) There are some new bumped versions to
consider there. I have compiled, installed and played
(sorry ...tested) them. Here are the proposals:

devel/metakit          -> 2.4.9 (for SimGear)
graphics/KXL           -> 1.1.7 (for geki2 and geki3)
games/Maelstrom        -> 3.0.6
games/asc              -> 1.12.3.0
games/bumprace         -> 1.45
games/crimson          -> 0.3.0
games/crossfire        -> 1.4.0
games/crossfire-client -> 1.4.0
games/exult            -> 1.00
games/foobillard       -> 2.4
games/geki3            -> 1.0.3
games/lbreakout2       -> 2.4
games/penguin-command  -> 1.6.5
games/rockdodger       -> 0.6.0a
games/tuxpuck          -> 0.8.2

However I have not installed all the games in the
games section. For TORCS I have seen a new version
1.1.0c for src and 1.1.0 for the other 9 tgz archives
(the distribution is spilt now in 10 tgz archive
files) so the DETAILS file must be re-worked
accordingly. There are new versions for:

games/FlightGear   -> 0.9.1
games/SimGear      -> 0.3.1
games/fgfs-base    -> 0.9.1a

I have compiled and installed them but I have not
played with them (I don't know how ...sorry).

For the general interest the are some new versions
too:

devel/automake    -> 1.7.3
gnome/intltool    -> 0.25
utils/procps      -> 3.1.6