exim and no /etc/init.d/....

Terry Chan tpchan at attbi.com
Fri Feb 21 15:31:23 GMT 2003

Hendrik,

Now I know you can read the moonbase as well as the rest of us.  There is no
init.d subdir in moonbase/mail/exim is there?  Exim is currently controlled
by xinetd and there is an xinetd.d subdir.

Do you find a need to stop, or restart exim ?

No exim 4 module because no one has written one.  Exim 4 configuration is
supposed to be quite different from Exim 3.x, which works just fine for
those of us using exim.  Feel free to submit an exim4 module to the mailing
list.

The other reason for no exim4 module is probably most of the other lunar devs
are using postfix and/or sendmail as MTA's.

Terry Chan