Hi all........

rcrongeyer at rpicc.com rcrongeyer at rpicc.com
Thu Feb 20 09:34:00 GMT 2003

>> All is well hardware wise I even got X with the Nvidia Drivers
>> working and KDE3.1 running on boot. There are two other peices of
>> software that I like to use but I can't get them to compile? One is
>> Mozilla and the other is Komba2. Are there known issues with these
>> packages?
>> With Mozilla I get "Confused by earlyer errors bailing out.".
>> Komba2 also fails.
>
> I haven't had any experience with the Komba2 package, so i'll leave that
> to someone who actually knows.. I can say that I have had no  problems
> with mozilla building lately, so maybe there's something on your
> machine that
> is causing it to fail.
>
> It's hard to diagnose the error that you're getting with mozilla though
> as we don't have much to go on.  could you copy and paste the last ~50
> or so lines of each (mozilla and Komba2) compile log?  they're found at
> /var/log/lunar/compile and are stored as compressed .bz2 files.
> That would be very helpful with diagnosing these errors.
>
> Aaron Watry

Ok, now I can't get gtk+-2 to compile I had this installed but uninstalled
it thinking that this might be the problem. Anyway here is what is failing
now:

checking if iswalnum() and friends are properly defined... yes
checking whether to build gmodulized gdk-pixbuf... yes
checking whether dynamic modules work... yes
checking for TIFFReadScanline in -ltiff... yes
checking tiffio.h usability... yes
checking tiffio.h presence... yes
checking for tiffio.h... yes
checking for jpeg_destroy_decompress in -ljpeg... yes
checking for jpeglib.h... yes
checking for jpeg_simple_progression in -ljpeg... yes
checking for libpng12... yes
checking pixbuf loaders to build...
checking for sys/wait.h that is POSIX.1 compatible... yes
checking return type of signal handlers... (cached) void
checking for x86 platform... yes
checking compiler support for MMX... yes
checking for freetype-config... /usr/bin/freetype-config
checking For sufficiently new FreeType (at least 2.0.1)... yes
checking for X... libraries /usr/X11R6/lib, headers /usr/X11R6/include
checking for gethostbyname... yes
checking for connect... yes
checking for remove... yes
checking for shmat... yes
checking for IceConnectionNumber in -lICE... yes
Package xft was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `xft.pc'
No package 'xft' found
checking for XOpenDisplay in -lX11... no
configure: error: *** libX11 not found. Check 'config.log' for more details.
 ! Problem Detected !
Creating /var/log/lunar/compile/gtk+-2-2.1.bz2

When I "lin xft" it says that package "xft" does not exist?

Ralph