failed mounts (Pico)

WizFactor wizfactor at wizfactor.net
Sat Feb 15 16:04:33 GMT 2003

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 08:33:48AM -0500, Dennis Veatch wrote:

> During boot /var/lock and /var/run fail to mount. There are two partitions, /
> and swap. Everything appears to wrok fine (still at the basic post install
> point), like lin, etc.
>
> I have not seen this particular error with the same setup before, so do not
> know what to do about it.

Have you by any chance recompiled/reconfigured your kernel lately?
My first guess would be that you don't have tmpfs support in your
kernel. You can try a `grep TMPFS /usr/src/linux/.config` and  should
see the line "CONFIG_TMPFS=y". If it doesn't, I'd suggest you re-lin
linux and turn it on. You'll find it under:
File Systems -> [*] Virtual memory file system support (former shm fs)