New versions for some programs

Florin Braescu braescu_f at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 11 02:56:31 GMT 2003

Hi all,

I have installed some new bumped versions for some
programs in moonbase. Some of them are more than two
weeks old, proposed previously and still not present
in the current moonbase. All of them compile, install
and run just fine. These are the proposals:

ftp/curl                   -> 7.10.3
utils/dialog               -> 0.9b-20030130
printer/espgs              -> 7.05.6
printer/hpijs              -> 1.3.1
libs/gmp                   -> 4.1.2
libs/libxslt               -> 1.0.26
utils/grep                 -> 2.5.1
news/pan2                  -> 0.13.3.92
devel/pkgconfig            -> 0.15.0
sql/postgresql             -> 7.3.2
x11-apps/qcad              -> 1.5.4 (maybe kde3-apps
is more likely)
graphics/xscreensaver      -> 4.07
gnome2-extras/xscreensaver -> 4.07 (this ask in a pure
gnome2 environment for kde, and fails to install :()
gnome/intltool             -> 0.25  (maybe libs
directory is more appropiate)
gnome/libxml2              -> 2.5.3 (why don't we move
it to libs directory, where libxslt is?)

I want to mention that I use for about a week the alsa
0.9.0rc7 packages with no problems at all.

For the scrollkeeper package I found this form for
DEPENDS file whitch is more suitable for gnome2 (does
not depend of deprecated libxml library):

---> DEPENDS file for scrollkeeper
depends  libxml2         &&
depends  intltool        &&
depends  libxslt         &&