evolution problems

Auke Kok auke.kok at planet.nl
Mon Feb 10 21:20:54 GMT 2003

On Mon, 2003-02-10 at 14:59, Horn Gábor wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have some problems w/ evolution which i cannot solve so i ask for your
> help. Every time i try to attach a file to my mail, evolution-mail
> sigservs. The same happens when i try to open certain mails that  have
> attachments. I truied to run it in debug mode, just got the following
> warning, not sure if it has anything to do w/ the problem, but i  paste
> it:

I had 2 systems do this and was able to solve this quite easily after I
reported this as a bug to ximian. It turns out there are some MIME bugs
that either segfault a gnome-vfs lib or related.

the trick is to recursively build the whole trajectory, just to make
sure you get a clean dependancy tree again (IE not polluted by old libs
linking ...)

here's what should work:

lin gnome-mime-data
lin gnome-vfs
lin control-center
lin gtkhtml2
lin evolution

anywhere in this stage you can check if your bug is gone. I suspect it
should already work after the first two but persist to the last lin if
not.

good luck,

sofar

--