Module submission rar-bin

Terry Chan tpchan at attbi.com
Mon Feb 10 12:48:18 GMT 2003

Ben,

Module submissions to this mailing list are the PREFERRED way to get new
modules into the moonbase.

The problem we have with almost any licensing scheme (other than GNU
incarnations or Apache, Perl, or other Open source schemes) is that we
have no desire to be put into a liable position of aiding/abetting
software piracy.  So all the "try before you buy" schemes MAY shift the
onus of enforcement to Lunar and we have no TIME for such nonsense.  Hence
NO to Opera, rar-bin, and other shareware programs.

One of the other lunar devs will have to take a look at your WineX module
as they have far more experience/time to use/test that module.

You also might want to create your module tarballs with a subdirectory
in them!  That way the can be safely untarred in a location that makes
some logical sense.

Terry Chan