Upgradeing Gtk+-2 and Gnome 2

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Tue Feb 4 20:09:22 GMT 2003

On Tue, 4 Feb 2003 12:47:39 -0600
Nick Hudson <nhudson2367 at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> 	Later on today I will be updating gtk+-2 and its libs to the
> 	latest
> versions along with updating Gnome to 2.2.  Now just to give everyone
> a heads up there is a module in moonbase now called 'Xft' that will
> aloow us to install Xft2 to your X installation.  Nothing to worry
> about it doesnt override any headers it just will add Xft2 support for
> pango 1.2.1 and gtk+-2 2.2.1.  Whe you update gtk+-2 some if not all
> of your gtk apps will have to be recompiled so dont freak out because
> something doesnt work, you have been warned and if I get any emails
> saying "Xchat wont run after I updated gtk+-2" I will prolly be mad :)
>  You should see
> what apps work and what dont, the ones that dont you will have to
> recompile.  If anyone has any questions please let me know, otherwise
> I will announce when Gnome 2.2 is ready and in cvs moonbase.

Nice! Has been working great for me.

Just a note to say that specifically all gtk engines need to be rebuild.
Programs should theoretically still work since this release is supposed
to be binary compatible with 2.0. But that is of course only theory :)

	Jasper

--
IRC channel: #xfce on irc.freenode.net