wings 3d package should be updated

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Sun Dec 28 19:27:06 GMT 2003

Philipp Germann wrote:
> you have 0.98.01 in lunar linux.
> the actual version is 0.98.17.f - considered as stable.

It may be considered stable but I've just wasted 4 hurs trying to get it
up and running, it requires erlang and esdl to updated (which actually
works... pffff), but wings3d errors out on me with:

  ~ $ wings3d
  Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.3 [source] [hipe] [threads:0]

  Eshell V5.3  (abort with ^G)
  1> {"init terminating in
  do_boot",{function_clause,[{filename,join,[{error,bad_name},
  "patches"]},{wings_start,get_patches,0},{wings_start,common_start,1},
  {init,start_it,1},{init,start_em,1}]}}

  Crash dump was written to: erl_crash.dump
  init terminating in do_boot ()

anyone willing to put time in this? I'm giving up on this POS for now!

sofar