xfree86 module 'issues'

Vincent Vandeweijer v_vandeweijer at zonnet.nl
Mon Dec 22 11:49:09 GMT 2003

Hi all,

I take the liberty to have some comments on the xfree86 module. Don't
get me wrong I like your distro their only comments....

Pfff... now we've got that out of the way ;) ...

What I think that should(/could) be changed is the way the menu works.
If you select "y" to edit host.def the menu always comes with a kind of
standard config. Some things are "on" some things are "off". (Probably,
the way nobody uses this file/settings...).

I propose that if there is a host.def around it uses these settings to
start up with. So you don't have to remember what the used settings were
like the last time updated xfree86. And maybe a "set to default" option
to use the host.def like it is proposed at this moment.
Also an option to edit you host.def in your favorite editor would be a
nice addition...

Just had a terrible weekend trying to lin xfree86 so I stumbled over it
a couple of times... Say more or less like 20 times....

Bye Vincent (also known as evo...)

--
... the HIGHWAY is made out of LIME JELLO and my HONDA is a barbequeued
OYSTER!  Yum!

Oh, by the way I do have a Honda... (two to be precise...)