... midnight commander problems...

Terry Chan tpchan at comcast.net
Wed Dec 17 11:42:45 GMT 2003

If mc crashes with "Illegal instruction", either the viewer you are using
(if its not the internal viewer) is compiled with bad optimizations
or mc itself is still compiled with bad optimizations.  I've used the
version of mc in moonbase for over 6 months, on a daily basis without
any problems.

lvu compile mc

Browse through the log with the above command and you should see
a spot listing the compiler options used during the "mc" makefile.

Report those options here or just try using very few optimizations
and recompile your mc.

Terry Chan