Lunar Linux

Ralph Crongeyer rcrongeyer at rpicc.com
Wed Dec 17 11:47:16 GMT 2003

Mr. Mead

I am A user of Lunar Linux (one of the best linux distros I have ever used).
Yesterday one users on the mailing list was very blatant and rude (used
profanity) to a developer, Terry Chan.

This was wrong.

Mr. Hendrik answered back asking, "Whoa, Why this outburst ??".

I chimed in with my two cents:

"Hendrik,
You seem surprised? #1 reason to hate Lunar linux? Smart mouth devs. TCHAN is
at the top of the list. Go back and look at the list archives. The only time
TCHAN gets involved is when he thinks he can belittle someone on this list.
He has issues. A real Ahole.".

This was also wrong.

Then the list manager booted me off the list.
This is also wrong.

I mean if the devs choose not to help me because of what I think then that is
there choice, but to kick me of the list because of my opinion is wrong.

However Lunar has a problem. The elitist attitude of the devs under you, not
all but some, are turning people away from Lunar. I think that this is bad
because I think that Lunar is GREAT, and could have a better following if the
devs didn't have this attitude. As you can clearly see by the list manager
booting me off the list because he was mad at me with no warnings, is
childish. It's is Passive-Aggressive behavior. They are saying to me (by
kicking me off the list) "I'm mad at you and I'm not speaking to you!" . I
personally don't think that you or more Importantly Luanr Linux wants It's
people to act this way. I am one opinionated person. All of you (the devs)
represent Lunar Linux when you answer on this list.

Further more people are afraid to speak there opinions for fear of being left
out in the cold and not getting help if they piss someone off. Apparently
this is true of Lunar Linux. Not only did I get left out in the cold, I got
booted off the list! What if I was an admin with 5 Lunar installs at a test
site for Lockheed Martin? What kind of review should I give Lunar Linux?
The fact is I am an admin at Lockheed Martin and I cant afford to have this
type of Passive-Aggressive behavior from you support team. They must focus on
the problems that are sent in and not let there personal feelings drive their
That is the type of attitude that I think Lunar Linux needs to have.

It can't be "I'm mad at him/her so I'm not going to help him/her", because
it's about backing your product and solving problems with your product.

Good Luck.

Sincerely,

Ralph Crongeyer