mount issues

Steven Allen nowhcreek at yahoo.com.au
Mon Dec 8 18:54:46 GMT 2003

 --- Bachman Kharazmi <bkw at lindesign.se> wrote: >
During boot the mount of /var/run and /var/lock
> failes.
>
> I've tmpfs builtin.
>
> When I do 'mount -a' it works perfect.
> the print will look like:
> tmpfs                     5120         0      5120
> 0% /var/lock
> tmpfs                     5120         0      5120
> 0% /var/run

Hi Bachman,

Do you have /var mounted as a separate partition? If
so mount may be trying to mount /var/lock and /var/run
before the /var partition is mounted. This happened to
me after my first lunar install. If this is the case
just move the /var/lock and /var/run lines in fstab to
below the point where /var is mounted.

Hope this helps

Steve