Dependencies for Mozilla

Jeff Hodges jmhodges at lunar-linux.org
Thu Dec 4 21:11:22 GMT 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 20:54, Dave Brown wrote:
> Did you know that Mozilla doesn't, at any point in its chains of
> dependencies, depend on xfree86?
>
> I suspect this is an oversight.
>
> --Dave
Due to the insane amount of modules that depend on xfree86 and the fact
that the vast majority of users will know that they need xfree86, the
dev team has decided to not include xfree86 as a dependency on any
modules.  The exception is when the applications ./configure arguments
must be changed depending on whether the user wishes to install xfree86
or not  (see `lvu DEPENDS gnuplot`).  To go back and add xfree86
dependencies is a logistically difficult problem.
On that note, we need to get around to adding it to our (small) FAQ.
Later,
--
	Jeff

Nature is by and large to be found out of doors, a location where,
it cannot be argued, there are never enough comfortable chairs.
                -- Fran Lebowitz