SDL with gcc 3.3.2

Florin Braescu braescu_f at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 1 02:26:35 GMT 2003

http://evanidus.ath.cx:8080/l14h/patches/needed-with-gcc-3.3/
> for 2.4. I
> > don't
> > believe we have it working with 2.6 yet.
> >
> > -sandalle
>
> And apparently that site is now down. You can
> retrieve the patch from one of our
> mirrors:

http://smgl.positivism.org/sdl-1.2.5-missing-quotes.patch.bz2

  Thank you Eric. The problem you mention have been
solved in the SDL 1.2.6 version. In fact SDL 1.2.6
does compile with gcc 3.3.2 if we use -O3 instead -O2
for optimizing the compilation. Thanks for that to
Niki. So, that's the solution for compiling under 2.4
kernel include headers, at least for my Athlon XP
based system (a strange solution however). For 2.6
kernel headers usage there is no solution yet. I can
only hope that the SDL devs will make the code compile
on 2.6 kernels :)

  Regards,
    Florin