artists wanted, lilo boot image for lunar

Erik Søe Sørensen eriksoe at daimi.au.dk
Tue Aug 26 21:35:35 GMT 2003

Ralph Crongeyer wrote:
> Hi all. Take a look at this bitmap.
>
> It needs text but what do you think of the pic?

It's nice, but it looks more like an ocean...
(yes, I know, there are not presently any (wet) oceans that offer a view
like this)

The Gimp does not do a very good job at finding suitable 16-color
palettes (on both the earthrise images, the earth gets grey - and it
doesn't really help to generate a palette just for the earth).
I've therefore found a palette for your image by hand, as I did for
mine. The resulting 4-bit RLE-BMP is attached (does LILO know how to
handle RLE compression?).

/Erik