artists wanted, lilo boot image for lunar

Erik Søe Sørensen eriksoe at daimi.au.dk
Tue Aug 26 15:21:24 GMT 2003

Steven Michalske wrote:

>As I am not an artist, would someone like to make a lunar based theme in a
>640x480x16 BMP with areas simular to the example logo64a.bmp

IANAA either,  but anyway,  here goes...
It's maybe a bit too complex - or just at theedge - but it works for me.
And it's lunar :)
There should probably be a box for the menu, though. OTOH, as it is now
maybe it is grub-usable(?).
If anyone feels like fiddling with it, mail me for the XCF original
(layers and all).

The LILO stuff:  (I followed the instructions at
http://hints.linuxfromscratch.org/hints/lilo.txt)
install=/boot/boot-bmp.b
bitmap=/boot/bootsplash-earthrise.bmp
bmp-colors=15,14,0,11,14,0
bmp-table = 59,5,1,18,    # Probably here...
bmp-timer = 66,28,6,8,0 # ??

/Erik
--
Aim for the moon.  If you miss, you may hit a star.
                -- W. Clement Stone