Dual Boot Howto

Joe Rocklin jbrocklin at fuse.net
Fri Aug 15 00:04:38 GMT 2003

Hey Mike,

The guys (and gals) on #lunar can probably answer all of your questions,
but one thing I found to be a big help when trying to get my system set
up was a working config file - if you use lilo, you can check out mine
below.  I don't know if the following is necessarily the best way to
have things set up (and if not, please someone enlighten me!) but it
works without problem.  In my case I have 2 linux kernels (one as a
backup) and then an XP instal - which is on part2 since I'm on a laptop,
and the vendor has a 5mb partition for some system utilities.  Good
luck!

--Joe

prompt
# lba32
delay=100
timeout=100
install=/boot/boot-menu.b
map=/boot/map
append="devfs=nomount"
password=lunar
boot=/dev/hda
root=/dev/discs/disc0/part5

image                   =       /boot/vmlinubz-2.4.22
        label           =       linux-I8500
        read-only
        restricted

image                   =       /boot/vmlinubz-2.4.20
        label           =       linux-2.4.20
        read-only
        restricted

other                   =       /dev/discs/disc0/part2
        label           =       XP_pro