Compiler Flags

Auke Kok sofar at lunar-linux.org
Thu Aug 14 21:47:57 GMT 2003

On Thu, 2003-08-14 at 19:11, John Lowell wrote:
> Just a quick reality check concerning the new install CD and compiler
> flags. The installation has -pipe selected as defualt, of course. I
> made no change in the default selection nor am I sure that you can
> make a change. At no time during any updating or rebuilding that I've
> done over the last few days have I managed to see "-pipe" referenced
> in my display. I've seen -march=pentium3, -03 and
> -fomit-frame-pointer,  but nothing about -pipe. Is this intentional or
> is there something wrong here?

this has been intentional but there is more to it. It only works when
you allow the gccwrappers to do it's work (on by default), and second,
you don't see the -pipe option being executed.

In order to verify true behaviour I have just added debugging output to
the gcc wrapper scripts, if you lin -d $MODULE now you will see the full
command issued (including ccache/distcc). This way we can verify this.

sofar

--
Auke Kok <sofar at lunar-linux.org>