/var/state/lunar/packages blown out in update

Simon Brenner simon.brenner at home.se
Fri Aug 1 04:09:12 GMT 2003

In my latest update, the package index was somehow blown out (no backup
file was kept either)...

I thought that I could just reinstall all software (figured it was time
for a rebuild anyway =), but no installations seem to update the
packages file (the size remains at zero, but two lock files
packages.lock and packages.backup.lock are created)

How should I fix this? I have no valid packages file anywhere that I know of

The system is working allright, but I would really like my installation
system to work =)
// Simon